Your Midterm Essay Examination consists of five (5) essay questions. You must address ALL five (5) essay topics. Your essays should be at least 500 words each (about 2 pages, double-spaced). You should properly cite all of your sources in APA format, including textbooks and any other sources you may use. Be sure to list each question and then write out 500 word essay for each. Please reference. No plagiarism.
- During the early years of the British colonies in North America, people of African descent occupied a number of social positions and slavery was not fully codified in law. However, by the early 1700s, racial slavery was legally established and the vast majority of the rapidly growing African population was permanently enslaved. Explain how and why this “terrible transformation” took place—including both the worldwide and local factors—and analyze the main social and economic roles that enslaved black people played by the mid-eighteenth century.
- Evaluate the main forms that slave resistance took, analyze the historical forces behind this resistance, and explain its main effects.
- Explain why slavery was questioned widely during the Revolutionary period and why the Northern and Southern history of the institution diverged so greatly after the Revolution.
- From the early colonial period to the Civil War, enslaved people—who were descended from many African nationalities and ethnicities—managed to construct a broadly common culture and ethnic identity of their own. Explain how they did this, what cultural resources they drew on, and what the main forms of this culture were. Evaluate the importance of the emergence of African American culture under slavery to the history of African Americans and to the U.S. in general.
- Explain how subsequent U.S. history might have been different if, during Reconstruction, the plantations of the South had been divided and ex-slaves had been given plots of land and the means to farm these. Evaluate why, despite the demands of freed people, supported by some Radical Republicans, general land redistribution in the South was never implemented by the federal government.
When responding to your essay questions, keep in mind that they are essays and not short answer questions. Essays should be detailed and have references to support factually based comments for EACH question.
It is suggested you write or print out the essay questions for handy reference as you develop your responses.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now