Refer to the search you performed in the Learning Activities on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s (SEC) website. This search should have produced a variety of financial documents for the publically traded companies you searched. Identify one of said companies from the SEC site and discuss the nature of the information provided in the documents. What statements were provided? Why were these particular documents provided? What was there purpose?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Participate in a discussion with your classmates regarding economic reasoning in government policies. Recall that economic reasoning is based on the premise that everything has a cost, thus, economic reasoning involves research and analysis in making decisions on the basis of costs and benefits. Therefore, based on the Discussion Rubric requirements, and your research and analysis, post your discussion explaining your concurrence or nonconcurrence regarding the sale of allowance market permits that industries exchange with each other, and whether the Obama Administration’s 2020 Climate goals are manageable, or whether they may undermine our economic growth.
The research material for this discussion includes the following two (2) articles:
1. Refer to the Real-World Application window titled, “Economics and Market Solutions”, on page 94 in the textbook. This article introduces an alternative approach, called cap-and-trade, that achieves a reduction of EPA regulated emissions, but at a lower overall cost. When clicking-on the Internet link in this article, www.epa.gov/airmarkets, open the “Allowance Markets” Tab within the Participants Icon to review the Allowance Markets Overview and Frequently Asked Questions for this program.
2. Refer to our NAU Online Library; after opening the Online Library, select the down-arrow option within the Subject Guides Icon; then select the Business Option, then conduct a Search for the following article: “WRI: Obama Administration Has Tools to Meet Ambitious Greenhouse Gas Emissions Targets.” Read the brief Abstract and Full Text in this World Resources Institute (WRI) article, and emphasize the importance of the following statements within the article:
By the WRI’s account, under a business-as-usual scenario, the Obama administration’s commitment is in jeopardy. The group contended that the power sector’s recent greenhouse gas emission reductions, stemming from a sluggish economy and a shift to natural gas, are not projected to continue in the future.
As for what approach that the EPA takes in regulating existing power plants, the WRI underscored that the Clean Air Act affords the agency and states wide latitude, and permits the use of energy efficiency standards, renewable energy, as well as demand-response, fuel-switching and trading programs.
The WRI asserted that the costs of such regulations will be manageable, an assessment at odds with industry groups that suggest the programs could seriously undermine economic growth at a time when the nation can least afford it.
“It’s clear that the longer the U.S. waits, the harder — and more expensive — it will be. The administration has the tools. We look forward to seeing what steps they take to shift the country to a low-carbon pathway,” Steer said in a statement.
Must post first.
In the Learning Plan 4 Activities, you watched “Harish Manwani: Profit’s not always the point ” hosted by TedTalks. Think about what Mr. Manwani discusses and answer the following questions:
– How do you think a business should be socially responsible?
– Do you agree with Mr. Manwani’s idea of the 4th G?
– How does social responsibility lead to an ethical business?
– If you were the CEO of the agricultural company Monsanto how would you implement the 4th G?
In addition, research a company that is socially responsible. Explain how this company is socially responsible and give justification.
LP1 Assignment: Financial Statements
This assignment will assess Competency 1. Explore key concepts that relate to generally accepted accounting practices.
Directions: In Part I of the Assignment Document LP1 Accounting Assignment, identify next to each item which statement the item would appear. The items listed could appear on the income statement (I), balance sheet (B), or statement of cash flows (CF). Then, for each group, explain the difference between the items in the set.
In Part II of the Assignment Document, you will discuss the relationship between the financial statements.
Submit this assignment to your instructor via the dropbox “LP1 Assignment: Financial Statements.” This assignment is worth 30 points and will be graded according to the scoring guide below.
LP2 Assignment: Financial Analysis
This assignment will assess Competency 2. Examine fundamental topics of current financial management.
Directions: For this assignment, you will analyze your own financial situation with one addition, you have inherited $1 million dollars from a long lost relative (tax free)! There is one caveat with the money, you can’t spend it on whatever you want. Use the Personal Balance Sheet and follow the bulleted items below to work through your financial obligations and opportunities that the $1 million brings.
• You MUST first take care of current responsibilities (liabilities), things like a mortgage, credit card debt, current or past bills, car loans, etc. Include a detailed discussion on your current obligations to be taken care of first with the $1 million. Consider the total dollar amount for current obligations and begin deducting your finances from the $1 million (on the Balance Sheet).
• Next, consider the future, look at how you can make the money work for you. Consider what you would put into things like investments, retirement, property, etc. Be sure to reference the risk and return websites you searched in the Learning Activities, this may help you to decide whether to weigh the risk, or to settle on a less risky investment.
• Next, look at any physical assets you may wish to invest. A new home, or possible rental properties, maybe gold or silver, or another type of commodity. Again, weigh the risk and return to make sure the investment is worth your money.
• When you get to the end, if you have a balance remaining, you will need to decide what to spend it on within the items you already considered (i.e. if you purchase a house, you may wish to set aside the excess into a money market account, cd, or other interest earning account to help pay for yearly taxes or insurance on the house). So this could be as easy as setting up a savings account or something along those lines.
• Reference any and all source materials used to analyze your financial situation (i.e. textbook, websites, financial publications, and other resources available through the library)
The case analysis should be at least 2 pages in length, a completed Personal Balance Sheet should accompany the submission.
Submit this assignment to your instructor via the dropbox “LP2 Assignment: Financial Analysis.” This assignment is worth 30 points and will be graded according to the scoring guide below.
LP4 Assignment: Applying Ethical Decision-Making Models
The following criteria for ethical decision making, adapted from Dr. Arthur Gross Schafer’s Ethical Decision Making Model for ALA, incorporates principles from the utilitarian, moral-rights, justice, and practical approaches for ethical decision making discussed in the textbook.
1. Describe the problem or dilemma by including all related facts.
2. List everyone who may be involved in or affected by the decision.
3. List all the values that are involved in the decision, such as honesty, integrity, loyalty, confidentiality, fairness, compassion, kindness, respect for others, excellence, accountability, and being law-abiding and socially responsible.
4. List all the possible alternative actions you could take to resolve the problem/dilemma.
5. Which individual who is involved in or affected by the decision do you believe is the most important in this situation?
6. Which value do you believe is the most important in this situation?
7. Which of the possible alternative actions do you believe will cause the greatest good and the least harm?
8. Prioritize #5, #6, and #7 to identify the most important consideration in this situation.
9. Select an alternative and document your decision, based on the process above.
Directions: Identify an ethical dilemma you are aware of or have experienced at home, work, or school. Review the steps listed in the ethical decision-making strategy above, and write responses to each of the steps to describe your approach to ethical decision making. Describe alternative actions and explain your ethical decisions based on the guidelines.
Prepare this assignment using Times New Roman 12-point font. Write your answers in complete sentences. Assignment should be 1-2 pages. Use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Submit this assignment to your instructor via the dropbox “LP4 Assignment: Applying Ethical Decision-Making Models.” This assignment is worth 30 points and will be graded according to the scoring guide below.