This paper was prepared for BIO 106: Anatomy and Physiology for Allied Health, Module 1 Homework Assignment 1, taught by Irene Ortiz-Colella
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
PART I: Short Response Questions
Directions: Using proper APA format, please write a response to each of the following questions that is two to three paragraphs in length. Please visit the Academic Resource Center (ARC) for concise APA guidelines.
- List and explain the levels of organization in the human body.
- The maintenance of body temperature and the birth of a baby are two body functions that are regulated by feedback loops. Explain the different feedback loops that regulate each process.
- Briefly state the principal functions of each of the following: carbohydrate, protein, lipid, and nucleic acid.
- Compare and contrast how ionic bonds and covalent bonds solve the problem of achieving stability in atoms.
- List the four stages in active cell division (mitosis) and briefly describe what occurs in each stage.
PART II: Case Study
Directions: Please answer each of the case study questions below. Ensure that your responses are detailed and that each response is at least one half of a page to one page in length. Please use proper APA format. If necessary, please cite any sources. You may also utilize LIRN for your research. Please visit the Academic Resource Center (ARC) for concise APA and LIRN guidelines.
- Mr. Shepherd has gone outside to shovel snow on a cold day. How does his body maintain a relatively constant body temperature? What is this process called?
- Florence, a regular patient at your practice, has taken an interest in your work and indicates that she might like to become a medical assistant. However, she is somewhat confused by articles she has read describing new developments and cutting-edge technologies in medical science, and she is concerned about her ability to gain sufficient knowledge to respond to questions from patients about new developments in medicine. She asks you what aspects of your training might provide a knowledge base for understanding emerging technologies in medicine. How do you respond?
- Bob is told that he has a benign tumor in his abdomen. He is scared and confused about what the tumor is and how it got there. How should you explain to Bob what a tumor is and how it develops?