Assignment 1: Application – Best Practices
For over 20 years, the Women’s Health Initiative (WHI) study has conducted research trials to examine factors that impact risks and development of conditions that impact women such as heart disease, breast and colorectal cancer, and osteoporotic fractures in postmenopausal women. Health care providers use results from these trials to develop guidelines for delivering care to patients. In your role in clinical settings, you must be familiar with these guidelines, and you must be aware that through clinical practice, guidelines frequently evolve and change. Often, what is considered a best practice today might not be a best practice in the future. For this Assignment, you compare guidelines outlined in the WHI study to current best practices for assessing and managing conditions.
By Day 7 of Week 11
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Review the Women’s Health Initiative website in this week’s Learning Resources. Select one disorder presented in this study.
- Locate a research article focused on women’s health issue that you have learned about on the Women’s Health Initiative project. Be sure that the research article you select is from a reputable source.
- Discuss the best practices presented in the article about the health issue. Explain if there are any differences in the literature about best practices about health issue .Explain whether you think the current best practices in the article you selected should be used in clinical practice. Support your position with evidence-based research.
Write a 2- to 3-page paper that addresses the following:
- Describe the disorder you selected from the Women’s Health Initiative study.
- Explain the current best practices for assessing and managing this disorder as suggested in the research article you selected.
- Compare the best practices presented in the WHI study to the current best practices presented in the article. Explain how the differences in best practices might impact women’s health.
- Explain whether you think the current best practices in the article you selected should be used in clinical practice. Support your position with evidence-based research.