Once done answer the following questions:
1. Define natural and man-made disaster and mention at least one type of each one in your community.
2. Based on the information provided in the response to the question above describe two major disasters in your community and how the concepts of community/public health were applied.
3. Define chronic illness and mention three major chronic illnesses in your community.
4. Discuss the financial impact of chronic illness in the community and how the cost of managing chronic illnesses can be decreased.
-The assignment must be presented in an APA format word document, Arial 12 font attached to the forum on the discussion board.
– A minimum of 3 evidenced-based references must be used. References must be no older than 5 years.
– A minimum of 700 words is required.
Nondisaster, or interdisaster, stage
Predisaster, or warning, stage
Reconstruction, or rehabilitation, stage
Steps in the disaster process
The disaster plan
Response and recovery
Levels of disaster response
National disaster medical system
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and disaster responsiveness and recovery
Other disaster agencies
General functions of the community health nurse
Specific nursing approaches
Shelter management and care
Effects on survivors
Special survivor populations: elders and children
Collective trauma: the loss of community
Nurses’ reactions to disasters
Preventive strategies for nurses