Hi, Just answer questions. My community is Staten Island New York
Defining the Community
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Your community can be any geographically defined county, city, or town. Clearly delineate the following dimensions before starting the process of community assessment:
- Describe the population that is being assessed?
- What is/are the race(s) of this population within the community?
- Are there boundaries of this group? If so, what are they?
- Does this community exist within a certain city or county?
- Are there general characteristics that separate this group from others?
- Education levels, birth/death rates, age of deaths, insured/uninsured?
- Where is this group located geographically…? Urban/rural?
- Why is a community assessment being performed? What purpose will it serve?
- How will information for the community assessment be collected?
Can you please use these links, because next assignment has to flow with this assignment.
- The following resources provide a broad overview of the demographics of a city, county, or state:
- American Fact Finder—Find population, housing, and economic and geographic data for your city based on U.S. Census data
- State and County Quick Facts—Easy access to facts about people, business, and geography, based on U.S. Census data
- Obtain information about a specific city or county on these useful websites: www.epodunk.com and www.city-data.com
- Information from Government Agencies
- Healthy People 2020—this resource is published by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. It identifies health improvement goals and objectives for the country to be reached by the year 2020
- National Center for Health Statistics—this agency is part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; this website provides statistical information about the health of Americans
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)—The CDC website contains a large amount of information related to the health of the American population. The search engine within this website can be used to find relevant information
- Federal agencies with statistical programs