Get Help for this assignment.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Our Experts can help. Chat With Us! You can also use the coupon code welcome15 to order for a fresh paper at 15% off!Click here to Order a Fresh Paper (( Plagiarism free))
Interview with a Nursing Information Expert:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Guidelines and Grading Rubric
The purpose of this assignment is to
· communicate your understanding of the importance of quality information in everyday nursing practice;
· discuss the roles and responsibilities of a Nursing Information Expert; and
· articulate how the professional nurse uses information/data in every day practice to improve outcomes.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO#1: Describe patient-care technologies as appropriate to address the needs of a diverse patient population. (PO#1)
CO#4: Investigate safeguards and decision-making support tools embedded in patient care technologies and information systems to support a safe practice environment for both patients and healthcare workers.
CO#8: Discuss the value of best evidence as a driving force to institute change in delivery of nursing care. (PO#8)
This assignment is worth a total of 225 points.
This assignment, Interview with a Nursing Information Expert, is due at the end of Week 6. Submit your completed Interview, using the Interview Form, to the basket in the Dropbox by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT. Post questions to the weekly Q & A Forum. Contact your instructor if you need additional assistance. See the Course Policies regarding late assignments. Failure to submit your paper to the Dropbox on time will result in a deduction of points.
1. Download the NR361 Interview Form from Course Resources. It is found under the Week 6 Interview link.
2. Select your interviewee and schedule an interview. This individual must be a Registered Nurse. Job titles of RNs who may be considered include, but are not limited to, Nursing Clinical Information Manager; Super User, Director/Manger Clinical Education; Chief Information Officer; Quality Assurance or Performance Improvement Nurse; Nurse Informaticist; Telenursing Specialist; Nurse Abstractor; Case Manager; Compliance Nurse. If you have any concerns about whether the RN is suitable for this assignment, contact your instructor BEFORE you schedule the interview.
3. Review all questions (areas of inquiry) on the Interview Form located in Course Resources PRIOR to conducting the interview. You may print the form and take it with you to the interview.
4. Note there are five required questions to ask the RN.
5. Note there are four optional questions. You need to select only one of these to ask the RN.
6. Note there are two follow-up questions that must be answered by you.
Prior to conducting your interview, review two scholarly resources. These resources should guide your understanding of the RN’s role and responsibilities or make you more knowledgeable about GIGO, Interprofessional Communication, or other key concepts in the questions that you may not fully understand. For example, if your interviewee is a telenurse, you would want to review information on this specialty. If you do not know what GIGO means, look it up.
7. Conduct your interview. The length of your interview will vary but should not exceed one hour.
8. Submit the form to the Dropbox prior to the deadline outlined above.