Get Help for this assignment.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Our Experts can help. Chat With Us! You can also use the coupon code welcome15 to order for a fresh paper at 15% off!Click here to Order a Fresh Paper (( Plagiarism free))
Assignment 2: LASA 2 Reducing Intergroup Conflict
Research suggests a number of strategies to reduce intergroup conflict. To further explore these strategies, in addition to readings in your text, read the following article paying particular attention to pages 588 to 593. Hewstone, M., Rubin, M., & Willis, H. (2002). Intergroup bias. Annual Review of Psychology, 53, 575-604.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
You are a counselor in a detention center for delinquent adolescent boys. Your current project is to devise a way to reduce intergroup conflict that has been escalating between the boys at the center, many of whom were active in local gangs.
- Discuss the different strategies to reduce intergroup conflict found in your text and the Hewstone article.
- Looking back at the course discuss 2 to 3 additional concepts that could be applied in helping a person overcome these negative attitudes and behaviors.
- Keeping these strategies and concepts in mind, what activities and/or programs can you create that will help these boys overcome this conflict and learn to work together, respect each other, and come to see each other’s differences as valuable. Briefly summarize each program/strategy in 2 to 3 sentences each in preparation for part 2 of this project.
Answer the above points in a 3- to 4-page paper. Your paper should be double-spaced, typed in 12-point Times New Roman font with normal one-inch margins, written in APA style, and free of typographical and grammatical errors. It should include a title page with a running head, an abstract, and a reference page.
Create a 4- to 8-slide PowerPoint presentation (not including title and reference slides) to present to the board of directors for the detention center that will cover the following:
- A detailed outline of each of the 3 to 4 programs/strategies that you would like to put into place at the center.
- Discuss for each program/strategy why you believe it will be effective within the context of your detention center.
By the due date assigned deliver your assignment to the Submissions Area.
Assignment 1 Grading CriteriaMaximum
PointsDiscusses the concepts that lead to the intergroup conflict and how behaviors created and perpetuated the ongoing conflict.44Discusses the different strategies to reduce intergroup conflict and cites relevant resources for the text and the Hewstone article.44Discusses 2 to 3 additional concepts that could be applied to overcoming the negative attitudes and behaviors44Develops and summarizes 3 to 4 activities and/or programs that can be implemented.36Create a 4- to 8-slide PowerPoint presentation (not including title and reference slides) to present to the board of directors for the detention center that will cover the following:
A detailed outline of each of the 3 to 4 programs/strategies that you would like to put into place at the center.
(40 points) Discuss why you believe each program/strategy will be effective within the context of your detention center. (28 points)68Standard presentation components:
Organization (16 points): Introduction, transitions, and conclusion.
Style (8 points): Tone, audience, and word choice.
Usage and Mechanics (16 points): Grammar, spelling, and sentence structure.
APA Elements (24 points): In text citations and references, paraphrasing, and appropriate use of quotations and other elements of style.64Total:300