M5D1: The Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity Framework
Module 5In Executive Order 163636 (https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/2013/02/12/executive-order-improving-critical-infrastructure-cybersecurity), President Obama directed The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) (https://www.nist.gov/ to collaborate with other government agencies and the private sector to develop a voluntary framework for increasing the resilience of the cyber systems underlying domestic critical infrastructure. The NIST Cybersecurity Framework is now becoming a de facto standard and a demonstration of best practices in cybersecurity. The standards however remain voluntary. Recalling the discussion of cybersecurity paradigms in Module 1, which of the paradigms does such a set of standards support? Could it fit in more than one?
As always be mindful of plagiarism.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The module learning outcomes addressed in this activity are:
· Discuss the role of the National Institute of Standards (NIST) cybersecurity framework (CO #3)
· Explain the role of the private sector in securing the nation’s critical infrastructure. (CO #1, #3)
· Discuss the international implications of critical infrastructure protection (CO #1, #4)
· Discuss how cybersecurity is integral to critical infrastructure protection (CO #3)
Use the references from the module properly cited. Each discussion post must be at least 300 words.
After completing the assigned readings for the module, please respond to the following question in your initial post:
· What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a voluntary framework as a policy mechanism to improve a nation’s critical infrastructure protection and its resilience in the face of a potential domestic and/or international cyber-attacks? Please cite course materials and/or outside scholarly research to support your conclusions.