Application The History of Public Health and the Role of the Community/Public Health Nurse Using Chapter 2 in the course textbook, your assigned reading on the role of the nurse in a specific public health setting, and this week’s media presentation, address the following in a 2- to 3-page paper: Trace the history of the public health nurse including the contributions made by Lillian Wald and the Henry Street Settlement. Also, summarize the role of the nurse in the practice setting assigned. Include the following in your summary:
- Explain how the core functions of community/public health nursing and the standards of practice are met with that specific role.
- Describe the population served by the nurse in this role.
- Which interventions might the nurse in this role utilize?
- Explain the level of practice used in this practice setting (primary/secondary/tertiary).
- Describe an ethical dilemma that might be encountered in this nursing role.
- Overview—20 points Begin this paper with a brief paragraph that provides an overview of the assignment and its purpose. There is no separate heading for this paragraph; the heading for this paragraph is the same as the title of the paper. This paragraph will be about 2–3 sentences. The last sentence in this paragraph is a sentence that begins “The purpose of this paper is to…¨
- History of Public Health Nursing—30 points Summarize the history of public health nursing and how that has influenced the core functions of community/public health nursing and the standards of practice as it relates to the specific role assigned to you. This section will be 2–3 paragraphs.
- Impact on nursing practice—40 points Outline the population served by the nurse in the role assigned. Discuss the interventions a nurse in this role may utilize. Explain the level of practice used in the practice setting of the assigned role (primary, secondary, tertiary) and an ethical dilemma that may be encountered in that nursing role. Provide an analysis of how this information impacts the profession of nursing. This section will be 2–3 paragraphs.
- Summary—10 point End the paper with a 1-paragraph summary of the main points of the paper.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now