DIRECTIONS C229 v4 Task 1
COMMUNITY HEALTH & POPULATION-FOCUSED NURSING PRACTICUM
7019.1.1: Epidemiology – The graduate applies principles of epidemiology to the assessment of the healthcare needs of communities.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
7019.1.2: Community Care and Collaboration – The graduate plans and coordinates community care in collaboration with community partners.
7019.1.3: Community Advocacy – The graduate develops culturally sensitive and relevant strategies to advocate for populations, based on knowledge of community health systems.
7019.1.4: Community Health Promotion – The graduate proposes health promotion initiatives and services to promote disease and injury prevention.
7019.1.5: Environmental Health – The graduate assesses the impact of the environment on the health of the community.
Task 1: Social Media Campaign
Part of cultural competency is advocating for sensitive patient populations with regard to health issues or needed improvements in the community. A big part of advocacy is creating effective stories from your community and understanding how to broadcast your message. In our society today, social media is a powerful leveraging tool to get a story out, build support, and demonstrate advocacy.
In this task, you will research a community health concern and provide data to support your findings. In addition, you will create a social media campaign to convey a health message to the target population.
Note: Your time log will be submitted via Qualtrics. After you fill it out with your appropriate activities, you will email it to your WGU email and send it to the appropriate agency for verification. Access your time log in the web links section.
• If you are a prelicensure student in any state but California, you will need to digitally sign your form.
You will attach your form in Taskstream as part of this task.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. Use the Turnitin Originality Report available in Taskstream as a guide for this measure of originality.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
A. Submit a completed “Community Health Clinical Time Log” form.
Note: Random audits and verification of time log activities do occur. Violation of the WGU Code of Student Conduct or the Academic Authenticity Policy could result in disciplinary action.
B. Write a problem description, including all of the following information about the community where you performed your field work:
● the primary prevention topic
● target population (i.e., those affected by the health concern)
● population size
● geographical area (e.g., county, city, town)
● area size
● physical and social environment
C. Explain how the health concern is linked to a health inequity or health disparity within the target population.
1. Identify specific data to support the health inequity or disparity conclusion.
2. Discuss the primary community and prevention resources currently in place to address the health concern.
3. Discuss the underlying causes of the health concern.
D. Discuss the evidence-based practice associated with the selected primary prevention topic.
1. Identify data about the selected primary prevention topic from the local (county), state, and/or national level.
E. Develop a community health nursing social media campaign strategy that will convey your health message and address the primary prevention topic by doing the following:
1. Describe your social media campaign objective.
2. Recommend two population-focused social marketing interventions to improve the health message related to your chosen primary prevention topic.
a. Discuss the rationale for your recommendations.
3. Identify the appropriate social media platforms you will use to communicate with the target population.
a. Discuss the benefits of each chosen social media platform in supporting preventative healthcare.
F. Discuss how the target population will benefit from your health message.
G. Describe best practices for implementing social media tools for health marketing.
H. Create a social media campaign implementation plan by doing the following:
1. Identify stakeholder roles and responsibilities in implementing the plan.
2. Discuss potential public and private partnerships that could be formed to aid in the implementation of your campaign.
3. Create a specific timeline for implementing your campaign.
4. Explain how you will evaluate the effectiveness of the campaign.
a. Identify the measurable tools necessary to evaluate the campaign.
5. Discuss the costs of implementing your campaign.
I. Reflect on how social media marketing supports the community health nurse’s efforts to promote healthier populations.
1. Reflect on how your social media campaign could apply to your future nursing practice.
J. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
K. Demonstrate Professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.