Information Management in Practice
- Referring to the Phillips statement above and this week’s Learning Resources, consider how your current or previous work setting (hospital) could benefit from an information management analysis.
- Locate the mission statement for your health care organization or an organization with which you are familiar. Consider how current information management practices support the organization’s mission statement. If there is a lack of evidence of support, what changes could be made to strengthen these practices?
- Reflect on how data is organized into information, and the information is then used to create knowledge. How is this data-information-knowledge model used in your hospital? Consider how using this model could improve practice within your organization. Post on Tuesday 06/06/2016 a minimum of 550 words in APA format with a minimum of 4 references 1) A brief description of your selected hospital’s information management practices and an explanation of how the organization could benefit from an information management analysis. 2) Explain the degree to which the hospital’s current information management practices support its mission statement and provide suggestions for strengthening these practices. 3) Evaluate the use of the data-information-knowledge model within your selected hospital and provide suggestions for how it could be used to improve practice within the organization
- Eessaar, E., & Soobik, M. (2012). A decision support method for evaluating database designs. Computer Science & Information Systems, 9(1), 81–106. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases. There are several motivations and criterion guiding database development. The authors of this article evaluate a newer data modeling method and how it facilitates the relationship between the development process and the intended use of data.
- Corrao, S., Arcoraci, V., Anorne, S., Calvo, L., Scaglione, R., Di Bernardo, C. , …Licata, R. (2009). Evidence-based knowledge management: An approach to effectively promote good health-care decision-making in the Information Era. Internal and Emergency Medicine, 4(2), 99–106. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases. This article discusses the relationship between knowledge management and evidence-based medicine. The authors propose a new paradigm called Evidence-Based Knowledge Management. In addition, the article details the role of Evidence-Based Knowledge Management within clinical governance.
- Matney, S., Brewster, P. J., Sward, K. A., Cloyes, K. G., & Staggers, N. (2011). Philosophical approaches to the nursing informatics data-information-knowledge-wisdom framework. Advances in Nursing Science, 34(1), 6–18. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases. This article explores the linkage of theory and practice in nursing science and evidence-based patient care. It does so by examining the data-information-knowledge-wisdom framework through the lenses of different philosophical perspectives.
- Thompson, T. L., & Warren, J. J. (2009). Are they all data? Understanding the work of organizational knowledge. Clinical Nurse Specialist, 23(4), 185–186. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases. This article describes data in terms of its relevance to information, knowledge and wisdom development. It also explores the role that clinical nurse specialists play in applying that knowledge to patient care.
- Document: NURS 6411 Team Database Project Guidelines (PDF) This document provides guidance for the Team Database Project.
- Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2012). A day in the life. Baltimore, MD: Author. Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 6 minutes. In this program, Linda McCauley talks about and guides you through various activities and responsibilities in her role as a Senior Nursing Applications Specialist at Washington Hospital Center in Washington, DC.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now