PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETELY BEFORE REQUESTING TO DO ASSIGNMENT.
READINGS: FONTAINE; CHAPTERS 2,3,6
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
American Psychological Association (2010). Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). Washington, DC: Author. (ISBN 1-4338-0561-8)
Fontaine, K. L. (2015). Complementary and Alternative Therapies for Nursing Practice (4rd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall. (ISBN 0-13-334650-3)
Forum # 3 Assignment Instructions
For this assignment you will explore the research surrounding botanical healing which includes a variety of herbal medicines, dietary supplements, aromatherapy, and homeopathic medicines. Select a specific botanical healing therapy that interests you such as the herbal medicine St. John’s Wort, lavender aromatherapy, or a homeopathic regiment. Then find a current (no older than 5 years) original research article. This must be from a peer reviewed journal. Please make this a human study not an animal or in vitro study. Write a critique of the article that follows the format used in your text book. See pg 141-142 in your text for an example. NO QUOTES THIS WEEK PLEASE!
- Being with posting the complete APA article reference. You will not have to do in text citations this week
- What is this Study About? This address the purpose of the study
- How was this Study done? This is what they actually did. Include framework if any, study design, sample, data collection any instruments.
- What were the Results of the Study?
- What additional Questions Might I have?
- How can I use this study? These are your nursing implications specific to the therapy and findings from this, not general implications for any CAM therapy
- DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Often students restate the abstract, be sure you have put things in your own words.
- You do not have to have title page. Critiques will no more than 2 pages
- Post your critique in as an attachment of the forum # 3 by Midnight Wednesday. Post a substantial response to another by Midnight Saturday. (Eastern time)