Digestive System (2nd Ed., Rev.) (Clip)
User: phoenixfilmandvideo – Added: 6/25/08
- Chapter 3 Chapter 3 – Alternative Formats
- Chapter 3 Addendum – Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2015-2020 Chapter 3 Addendum – Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2015-2020 – Alternative Formats
- Chapter 4 Lecture Chapter 4 Lecture – Alternative Formats
Food packages are the most frequently referenced nutrition tool for consumers. This discussion will help you to better understand nutrition labels. Your first post should be a minimum of 100 words and address the following points:
1) Answer this question: How confident are you in interpreting food labels? Does knowledge of the nutrient content in foods influence your purchases or meal planning?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
2) Choose a food package from your cabinets. Do not choose a beverage or candy. Using the information you learned in Chapter 3 (see pages 81 – 82 and Tables 3.8 & 3.9), review your entire product package, which includes the ingredient list, the nutrient facts panel, and other nutrient and health claims ? Discuss one thing you learned in detail. Do not simply list nutrition facts. Do not focus on marketing terms such as “Extra Crunchy”. Focus on a health and nutrition claims that are defined by law (e.g. “May Reduce the risk of heart disease”).
(use a vegetable label)