Knowing which career you want to pursue is an important first step to tackling your job search and career goals. However, simply identifying an ideal position will not propel you to achieve these goals. To successfully attain your goals, there are recommended action steps for you to take.
For this assignment, you will explore the requirements for your potential career path, assess your current skill set, and identify what action steps you can take to make your career goals more attainable. Take these steps to prepare your Career Plan.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
My career path is Accounting/Accountant.
- Read the Career Planning Step-By-Step article to better understand the importance of developing a clear career plan.
- Watch the Resources for Developing an Effective Career Plan pre-recorded webinar (54 minutes).
- Review the Roadmap to Success tool to help you gather information which you may wish to include in your career plan.
Your paper must
- Identify your long-term goals (five years or longer).
- Identify the skills and qualifications related to this type of role.
- Assess your qualifications you already possess.
- Determine new skills, knowledge, certifications, and trainings needed for the position desired.
- Create action steps needed to take to be qualified for the position you would like to pursue.
The Career Plan paper
- Must be two to three pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages) and formatted.
- Must include a cover page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement. The thesis must be in both the introduction and the conclusion.
- Must use at least two scholarly sources or official government sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style.