Compose a focused paper that explains and describes your healthcare issue or topic from a cultural and ethical perspective of inquiry. (You will cover two perspectives in one paper.)
Form and answer two levels of research questions for each inquiry to address your chosen topic.
- Choose a “Level 1 Research Question/Writing Prompt” from both of the lists below to answer in the paper.
- Compose a “Level 2 Research Question/Writing Prompt” for each kind of inquiry that provides detail, specificity, and focus to your inquiry, research, and writing.
- State your research questions in your paper’s introduction.
- Form the body of your paper by answering each research question and support your assertions with evidence (research).
- In the conclusion of the paper, briefly review the issues, research questions, answers, and insights.
Level 1 Research Questions/Writing Prompts
ETHICAL Perspective of Inquiry
- What laws govern or pertain to the issue?
- What ethical obstacles affect how the medical community addresses the issue?
- How do ethical theories apply to the issue?
- How do money, power, and control matters relate to the issue and its treatment?
Level 2 Research Questions/Writing Prompts
CULTURAL Perspective of Inquiry
- Which cultural values and/or norms influence the issue?
- How is the issue addressed differently in varying cultural contexts and situations?
- Which cultures or societies are most affected by the issue? Why?
- Which cultural traditions affect the treatment(s)?
Your paper must be five pages in length and reference four to six scholarly, peer-reviewed resources. Be sure to follow current APA Style (e.g., spacing, font, headers, titles, abstracts, page numbering, in cite references).
NEEDS AN ABSTRACT IN FINAL PAPER
topic over patient satisfaction in the ED