Called to Care for the list of questions. Once you have outlined the worldview of each religion, begin your ethical analysis from each perspective. In a minimum of 1,500-2,000 words, provide an ethical analysis based upon the different belief systems, reinforcing major themes with insights gained from your research, and answering the following questions based on the research:
- How would each religion interpret the nature of George’s malady and suffering? Is there a “why” to his disease and suffering? (i.e., is there a reason for why George is ill, beyond the reality of physical malady?)
- In George’s analysis of his own life, how would each religion think about the value of his life as a person, and value of his life with ALS?
- What sorts of values and considerations would each religion focus on in deliberating about whether or not George should opt for euthanasia?
- Given the above, what options would be morally justified under each religion for George and why?
- Finally, present and defend your own view.