CAE0536- Learning Summary Questions – (10 Points)
Student must work with the “Intellectual Standards of Critical Thinking” as a guide to clear, complete, in-depth writing.
Standards of Critical Thinking: Clarity, Accuracy, Precision, Relevance, Depth, Breadth, Logic, Significance, and Fairness
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Learning Summary Questions:
In student’s ‘own words’ and by incorporating the above standards of critical thinking, student will answer questions below.
· All (7) questions must be answered as instructed. Work must be typed, single spaced, font 12.
· Student must number, and state and separate questions and sub-questions from answers.
· The question must be stated in any ink color, followed by the answer in black or blue ink. Student has the option to use ‘color’ in any other part of the assignment that he/she finds it beneficial to focus on, significant, a review piece of high complexity, importance…
· Each question must meet the required number of sentences
· Do not number the sentences- use paragraph style.
1. Survey the assigned chapter to get an overview. Based on your survey, what do you anticipate the reading to be about? – Minimum 4 sentences
2. Elaborate in your own words and in more depth or greater detail what the chapter is addressing in (14) sentences. You can begin your elaboration by saying, “In other words…”
3. Provide a personal, academic, and clinical example to show how the content of this chapter is used in a practical sense. Must identify an actual specific instance from real experiences, NOT HYPOTHETICAL situations. Minimum (4) sentences per example. Examples must be separated and individually labeled.
4. What would you say to persuade a classmate to read and learn from this chapter or not to read it? Five sentences minimum.
5. Provide a minimum of (2) concepts from this chapter that you identified as a personal or academic challenge, and that has affected academic learning, or personal everyday life situations.
Minimum (4) sentences per identified challenge. Challenges must be individually labeled and separated.
6. What specific steps (minimum 3) are you taking to address the challenges identified in this chapter or question #5. List and elaborate on the steps taken to address challenges. Minimum (4) sentences per change. Responses must be individually labeled and separated.
7. Illustrate your understanding with a “picture that your mind created for the content discussed in the reading. In other words, ask yourself, what picture is the author painting in my head?” by creating a comprehensive concept map that captures the meaning of the chapter content. Concept map must have a minimum of 10 boxes and each box must draw on main concepts and sub-concepts.
Handwritten concept map can be uploaded to the assignment tab as a PDF file.
Discussion – Chapter #4 – Clinical Reasoning and Clinical Judgment Chapter
Textbook: Critical Thinking, Clinical Reasoning, and Clinical Judgment by Alfaro-Le-Fevre
Following the reading of this assigned chapter, answer the questions below as a discussion post. Question and/or sub questions must be numbered and stated first, followed by the appropriate answer. Each answer must have a minimum of 6 sentences, unless specified otherwise.
Student must incorporate the “Standards of Critical Thinking” (Clarity, Accuracy, Precision, Relevance, Depth, Breadth, Logic, Significance, and Fairness as a guide to clear, complete, in-depth writing.
1. Define in your own words (1) critical Thinking, (2) Clinical Reasoning, and (3) Clinical Judgment. (4 sentences per question)
2. Promoting wellness and preventing disease are two major nursing goals. What role does (1) critical thinking, (2) clinical reasoning, and (3) clinical judgment play in achieving positive outcomes? (4 sentences for each skill)
Critical thinking –
3. Being a novice nurse is only the first step of a nurse’s journey. Discuss how critical thinking, clinical reasoning, and clinical judgment help nurses develop knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to continuously improve the quality and safety of the health care system, extremely quick analytic problem-solving ability, as well as remarkable intuition. (8 sentences minimum)
4. Discuss how clinical reasoning supports 1) the art and (2) the science of nursing? (4 sentences for each area)
The science of nursing-