Professional Nursing Practice
Benjamin Leon School of Nursing
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Miami Dade College
Scholarly Paper and Presentation Guidelines and Rubric
The PICO concept will be established in the scholarly paper and presentation project to reflect a quality improvement perspective that you will present as a scholarly paperthen converted to a group presentation.
PICO Format for Group Project Presentation
- Patient, Population or Problem
- What are the characteristics of the patient or population?
- What is the condition or disease you are interested in?
- Intervention or exposure
- What do you want to do with this patient (e.g. treat, diagnose, observe)?
- What is the alternative to the intervention (e.g. placebo, different drug, surgery)?
- What are the relevant outcomes (e.g. morbidity, death, complications)?
The scholarly paper and presentation will have references from the various levels of evidence as described in the pyramid of empirical evidence presented by your professor as posted in ANGEL
Scholarly Paper& Presentation Content Sequence to Follow
Scholarly Paper Sequence:Must be written in APA Format
Paper will include the following in Sub-Headings:
- Introduction (10%): The Relevance of the Problem to Healthcare Delivery System when promoting Quality and Safety
Problem Statement (15%):Why is it Personal Area of Interest for Professional Nursing Care?
Ex: Core Measures, National Patient Safety Goals, Negative Clinical Indicators, Unit Based Problems.
What type of data is being presented to reflect the problem in numbers for the past three months? Graphs, tables, fiscal report in numbers.
Goal(s) and Objectives of the Quality Improvement Project (25%):The team will produce data that reflect improvement with reasonable interventions addressing the improved clinical indicators to appropriate benchmark number acceptable to regulatory practice.
- Action Plan (25%):PICO Format Problem, Intervention, Comparison and Outcome
Level Three Evaluation: Education, Validation and Simulation
- Conclusion (15%):What was the outcome? Did the problem resolve and or did the Team’s project improve the situation? What would be the futureimplications for Nursing Practice and Healthcare Delivery
- References (10%):From various levels of evidence:SEE PYRAMID BELOW
THE TOPIC TO WRITE SCHOLARLY PAPER IS Hospital acquired infections and poor patient outcomes
Below is the format for the scholarly to be accepted by the professor
Homework for a leadership class in bachelor nursing program.
Presenta business proposal to a CEO to show him/her how that proposal will eliminate infections acquired from Foley catheter and central line in this hospital. In order to get hired, I have to come up with new plans that will show the CEO that my proposal is successful by comparing my new graphs with a very low percentage or zero infection from Foley catheter and central line. Which will show my plan is better than the previous one that was in place. I have to provide graphs to compare my proposal success of the new plans vs the old plan graph that was in place, after 6 months of trial. This success would get me hired.
The topic is listed as follows: Eliminate hospital acquired Foley catheter and central line infection and poor patient outcomes the homework is required 8 pages, an abstract, an introduction, benchmark of PICO as above APA style, using information from systematic reviews and peer reviews no later than 5 years old with 6 references in a separate page