Examine the article by Clarke et al. (2006) about risk communication in the Anthrax attacks. What were some of the key events and strategies used to communicate during the events?
Read or Review
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Module 3: Organizations in Critical Incident Response: the following parts of the commentary:
- Part II: Organizational Interface with the Community: Communicating with the Public in Critical Incidents
- Part III: Summary
- Lindsay, B.R. (2011). Social Media and Disasters: Current Uses, Future Options, and Policy Considerations. Report# R41987, Washington, D.C: Congressional Research Service http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/homesec/R41987.pdf
- Covello, V. (n.d.). Effective Risk and Crisis Communication during Water Security Emergencies. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcfpub.epa.gov%2Fsi%2Fsi_public_file_download.cfm%3Fp_download_id%3D461264&ei=r9rmUvmHO9SksQTbjYCgCw&usg=AFQjCNFg6oGpMut1qqGJNXyihWI8B9y_OA&bvm=bv.59930103,d.cWc
- Paul, S. (2012, April 9). How Social Media is Changing Disaster Response. http://mashable.com/2012/04/09/social-media-disaster-response-government/
- Course Resources: eReserves: Clarke, L. et al. (2006). Speaking with One Voice: Risk Communication Lessons from the US Anthrax Attacks, Journal of Contingency and Crisis Management, 14(3). http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1963291/pdf/0971578.pdf