The divorce rate in the United States remains at an all-time high.
Write a 1,000-1,250-word essay in which you consider the socioemotional response of adults and adolescents regarding divorce and custody arrangements. You are encouraged to use attachment theory in your paper. Address the following in your paper:
- Steps that can be taken to minimize the number of divorces
- Steps that can be taken to help children cope more effectively with their parents’ divorce
- A discussion of how a professional counselor can provide support for all the parties involved
- Discuss ethical and cultural strategies for promoting resilience, optimum development, and wellness in adolescence.
- Include a minimum of three scholarly resources.
USE THE TEXT FOR ONE SOURCE:
Kail, R. V., & Cavanaugh, J. C. (2016). Human development: A life-span view (7th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.