Research Papers are should be 8-10 double-spaced pages (body of paper not counting figures, graphics, or titles, tables of contents, etc.). Please use 12-point Time Roman, 1-inch margins, and otherwise follow APA 6.0 guidelines. The paper should include the following sections:
- Title Page
- Abstract (This is a 300-word or less summary of your paper, including the result. It is not an introduction)
- Issue Identification (This is the most important item. The rest of your paper will be solving this problem.)
- Issue Analysis / Develop Alternatives (This is sometimes referred to as the Literature Review. That’s because you’ll be citing examples you find in the literature to substantiate your problem and find things that have worked for other situations that could apply to your problem)
- Evaluate Alternatives
- Implementation Plan
- Risks (include risks of doing as well as the risk of not taking the recommended course)
- References must be in APA format and include a minimum of 5 references – at least 3 of them being from a “scholarly” journal or conference from a library resource such as Troy online library. Wikipedia and the textbook for the course are not acceptable references.
Topic or theme: The Management Information System
Proposed Research Question:
Management Information Systems is the key factor to facilitate and attain efficient decision making in an organization.
Emphasis/detail (where you anticipate going with this):
This paper explores the extent to which management information systems implemented to make successful decisions at two selected financial organizations.