Topic: Understanding Professional Nursing Standards in Australia
TITLE: Understanding Professional Nursing Standards in Australia
Length: 1500 words (+/- 10%) including in text referencing but not your reference list
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
This essay will give you the opportunity to develop your understanding of how history, language and culture have shaped nursing practice. It will help you develop a deeper understanding of the codes and principles underpinning the practice of registered nurses in Australia and how they can be applied to a real world setting. Completing this essay will also further develop your academic and information literacy skills.
Research the nursing work of one of the nurses mentioned in chapter two of your prescribed text. Based on this research how would your chosen nurse measure up against the current Australian Competency Standards for the Registered Nurse?
It is expected that your essay will address/contain the following information:
The name of your chosen nurse
An overview of the nursing work carried out by your chosen nurse
A discussion and/or evaluation of how your chosen nurse would measure up against the current Australian Competency Standards for the Registered Nurse
The NUR 120 Learning Outcomes addressed by this assignment include:
On completion of this unit a student should be able to:
1. Identify ways in which history, language and culture have shaped nursing as a practice and as a scholarly discipline;
2. Articulate the key principles underlying ethical, legal and professional guidelines and codes that underpin the practice of registered nurses in Australia.
3. Demonstrate developing skills in academic and information literacy that provide a foundation for evidence based nursing.
4. Articulate and define the NMBA Competency Standards, Codes of Ethics and Codes of Practice for the Registered Nurse.
5. Develop a critical and reflective approach to nursing practice.