What are some of the methodological problems when trying to measure racial composition in the United States by using census data? List and explain three different examples.
2. What are four levels of political integration recognized by anthropologists? How do they differ?
3. What is a good way to define religion (in your words) so that it can be applied across cultures? What does “supernatural” mean?
4. Discuss the three major theories of state formation by Childe, Wittfogel, and Carneiro. What are the premises and assumptions of each? Which theory offers the most complete explanation? Why?
5. Name and explain the five functions of religion. Which one do you consider to be the most important and why?
6. Describe and explain the functions of revitalization movements and cargo cults. Give two examples.
7. How do functionalist and conflict theorists interpret social inequality? Make sure to explain each theory. Do you think that one theory is better than the other?
|8. What is the relationship between art and the status quo? In what particular societies can art serve as a mechanism of social control? How does it do it?
9. Discuss 4 different examples of how art can make a political statement. In addition, discuss one instance where art has influenced your life.
10. Compare and contrast modernization and world systems theory. How do they explain why some countries are more developed than others?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now