Create and analyze a simulated case study of a child with developmental challenges, aged 2–5 years old.Create a 5–7-page intervention plan based on evidence-based strategies that have proven effective in similar cases and make projections of possible long-term impacts that current challenges may produce across the individual’s lifespan.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Consider the following questions:
· What is the relationship between parenting practices and the socialization of a child in his or her early years?
· How does a child’s temperament influence parent effectiveness?
· What are some ways of using discipline to support a child’s development?
· What are some differences in discipline among cultural groups? What questions remain to be answered about the relationship between culture and disciplinary style?
· What advice would you give to parents who want to develop pro-social behavior in their children?
· What advice would you give to parents and educators to prevent or address children’s antisocial behavior?
· How do language and reading development correlate with socioeconomic status?
Consider the following questions:
· How does the cognitive development of an 8-year-old compares and contrasts to that of a person about to graduate from college, considering the relationship of scaffolding to cognitive development?
· How has technology impacted cognitive development in middle childhood? What practical advice should helping professionals give to parents who want to protect their children from harm, but also provide them with the advantages of technology?
· What is the role of egocentrism in cognitive functioning and in social interactive functioning for elementary school-aged children?
· What are some of the factors influencing social-emotional development of elementary school-aged children?
· What are some best practices which support a child’s learning?
it should describe:
- The child’s strengths and challenges.
- The medical, family, and social context.
- The developmental challenges evident in the behavior of the child.
- Individual and cultural factors that theory and/or research indicate could impact the child’s development.
- Any other factors you deem appropriate based on your understanding of the theory and related research.
To develop this case, you should:
- Explore theory and research related to early childhood development in the cognitive domain.
- Use either Piaget or Vygotsky to describe those age- or stage-related milestones expected at the age of your selected child.
- Develop your case by creating a challenge for the child in the cognitive domain in early childhood. Describe what the child struggles with in not meeting the expected theoretical milestones in the cognitive domain.
- Explore, through theory and research, Bronfenbrenner’s ecological theory of the various systems that can influence development. Describe the typical influences in those systems that would likely be most evident for a child in the preschool years.
- Develop your case study further by creating an environmental context for the child in specific systems in Bronfenbrenner’s theory. Include any specific issues that you want to explore through research, such as influences of a specific culture or ethnicity, specific socioeconomic status, family structure, attachment issues, and neighborhood context.
- Maintain a resource list of the materials you consulted to build your case.
Follow current APA guidelines for style and formatting, as well as for citing your resources. Include a reference list of the scholarly resources you use.
Part 2: Case Intervention Analysis: Early Childhood
Complete the following:
- Research evidence-based interventions that have been effective in meeting the challenges of the child you described in your case study, from the perspective of your own professional specialization (as far as possible).
- Explain how the deficits in the cognitive and other developmental domains affect development in early childhood.
- Explain how the environmental contexts impact development and functioning.
- State the recommended interventions that align with your specialization.
- Include evidence for those outcomes from the professional literature.
- Explore briefly the literature on cognitive development over time, considering that early influences can impact development across the lifespan.
- Explain, from the perspective of your specialization, how the early cognitive challenges could be manifested across the lifespan.
- Explain how (or whether) this might help in understanding and determining an approach to working with an individual who had early cognitive challenges.
Structure of the Report
Use the following format to structure your report:
- Title page.
- A descriptive title of 5–15 words that concisely communicates the purpose of your report and includes the name of the fictional subject. Be sure to follow Capella’s suggested format for title pages on course papers.
- An overview of the paper contents, including a brief summary (approximately half a page) of the background information regarding the case study. (The complete 1–2-page case you developed will be included as an appendix.)
- Body of the report.
- The presenting challenges and primary issues.
- An analysis of how lifespan development theory and research may account for the presenting cognitive challenges. Highlight why the child is developing as described.
- A description of your selected child with attention to age-expected outcomes in cognitive development, as well as specific challenges the child has in not meeting those milestones.
- A description of the factors in the child’s environment linked to Bronfenbrenner’s theory that have an impact on his or her overall development.
- An assessment of the potential impact of individual and cultural differences on development for the current age and context described in the case study.
- Evidence-based interventions that have been effective in meeting the described challenges of your selected child, from the perspective of your own professional specialization.
- An explanation of how the deficits in the cognitive domain or environmental contexts impact functioning in other domains, such as social or emotional development (considering that in developing your case, the theoretical emphasis was on the cognitive domain).
- Recommended interventions that align with your specialization. Include evidence for those outcomes from the professional literature.
- Projections, based on research and/or theory, of possible long-term impacts that the current challenges may produce across the individual’s lifespan.
- A summary of what was introduced in the body of the paper with respect to the case study context, challenges, and interventions.
- Reference page.
- A minimum of five scholarly sources from current peer-reviewed journals, formatted in current APA style.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
Written communication: Write coherently to support central ideas, in appropriate APA format, and with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
Length of paper: 5–7 typed, double-spaced pages, not including the title page, references page, or case study appendix.
References: At least five scholarly resources (peer-reviewed journals).
APA format: Follow current APA guidelines for style and formatting, as well as for citing your resources in the body of your paper and in alphabetical order on the references page.
Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 points.